Donations with Easy Digital Downloads and Charitable
We teased it a few weeks ago, but Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect is finally available.
For e-commerce stores who want to contribute to more than their bottom line, Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect offers a seamless way to raise money for causes you care about.
We see examples of in e-commerce all the time:
- Californian wine company OneHope provides 25 meals to a child in need for every purchase of a case of its wine.
- SocietyB is an online marketplace where 10% of all revenue goes towards charity.
- Feed contributes to charity through its revenue and gives customers a great idea of the impact their purchase will have.
- Earlier this year, Creative Market authors donated up to 100% of their revenue towards Nepal disaster relief.
- And my personal favourite: Who Gives a Crap?, a website here in Australia where you can purchase toilet paper knowing 50% will go towards WaterAid.
Now with Charitable Easy Digital Downloads Connect, you set up this kind of “consumer philanthropy” on your own store.
How Non-Profits can use Easy Digital Downloads
But this isn’t just a tool for e-commerce sites; it’s also a great way for non-profits to take advantage of the 70+ EDD payment gateways to accept donations. When you have the plugin installed, all donations are made through the Easy Digital Downloads checkout process. The result? We just increased the number of payment gateways you can use with Charitable from 4 to more than 70!
Care to see it in action? Take a look at our demo store using the Checkout by the talented folk at Array Themes, or watch the demo below:
Or see more pricing options.