Installing Charitable Stripe is the same as installing any other Charitable extension. If you’re not sure how to do that, we recommend first reading our guide to installing Charitable extensions.
After the extension is installed, you will need to add your license keys. We assume that you already have a Stripe.com account activated.
- Go to Charitable > Settings.
- Click on the Payment Gateways tab.
- You will see Stripe listed as one of the gateway options. Click Enable Gateway to activate it.
- After the page reloads, you will see a new button called Gateway Settings. Click this.
- On the following page, you can add your license keys, as well as setting the gateway label (this is what donors will see when choosing their payment method). If you are not sure where to find your Stripe keys, see the section below:
- When you have finished adding your settings, click Save Changes.
Finding Your Stripe Keys
You can access your Stripe keys via your Stripe dashboard.
- Log into your Stripe account.
- Click on the “Account Settings” link under the dropdown menu in the top right corner.
- You may be prompted to re-authenticate with your password.
- Next, click on the “API Keys” tab. You will see all your keys listed here.
Charitable Stripe supports automatic refund processing, which means that donations that are refunded via the Stripe dashboard are automatically refunded in your website.
To set this up, you will need to register a new webhook in your Stripe account.
- Log into your Stripe dashboard.
- From the menu in the top right corner, click on Account Settings.
- Click on the Webhooks tab.
- Click on + Add Endpoint.
- The webhook URL takes the form of https://yoursite.com/?charitable-listener=stripe
- Click Create Endpoint.