Payrexx is a payment solution designed to help you accept donations from donors around the world, while supporting the payment methods your donors prefer.
The Charitable Payrexx plugin makes it easy to begin using Payrexx to accept donations on your WordPress website.
Installing Charitable Payrexx is the same as installing any other Charitable extension. If you’re not sure how to do that, we recommend first reading our guide to installing Charitable extensions.
Activate the gateway
After you have installed and activated the Charitable Payrexx plugin, you need to activate it as a payment gateway. If you are on the Plugins page, you can do this directly from there by clicking on the “Activate Payrexx gateway” link:
Alternatively, you can activate the gateway through the Payment Gateways settings page:
- Go to Charitable > Settings > Payment Gateways
- Click on Enable Gateway in the Payrexx block.
To take payments with Payrexx, you will need to configure Charitable with your Payrexx API key and instance name.
- Go to Charitable > Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Click on Gateway Settings.
Setting up your API keys
Charitable requires your Payrexx API key and instance name to start accepting payments through Payrexx.
To find your API key and instance name, log into your Payrexx account at https://login.payrexx.com/.
After logging in, you will be redirected to your Payrexx admin panel. You can find your instance name in the URL:
Next, find your API key on the API & Integrations page. Your API key is available at the top of the page (you can use the default API key or create a new one if you’d prefer).
Click Copy and then paste this value into your Payrexx settings in Charitable.
Add your webhook
The next step to set up your integration with Payrexx is to add a webhook in your Payrexx admin panel. Without a webhook, any donations paid through Payrexx will not be marked as Paid automatically.
- Click on Webhooks.
- Click on Add webhook.
- The “Name” setting is optional, but you may wish to name it Charitable to make it obvious what the webhook is used for.
- Set the “Webhook URL” setting to your website’s domain followed by
/charitable-listener/payrexx. For example, if your website is https://mynonprofit.org, your webhook URL will be:
- Select “JSON” for the “Webhook Type” setting.
- Choose “2020-06-10” for the “Webhook Version” setting. This is the version that the Charitable integration has been tested against.
- Finally, click Add to save the webhook.