Installing Charitable Extensions
When you want to install a Charitable extension, there are two main ways in which you can do so: with a plugin zip file via the WordPress dashboard, or using FTP.
Installing with a ZIP file
The easiest way to install a Charitable extension is by downloading the zip file and then installing it via your WordPress dashboard. This is the approach we recommend for most customers.
- Access your purchase receipt email and download the extension you want to install by clicking the link.
Alternatively, log into your account on wpcharitable.com and download the extension you want to install.
- In your website’s WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- Select the zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click Install Now.
- After installing the plugin, you need to activate it. Click the Activate Now link after installing. You can also activate the plugin by going to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Installation with FTP
If you have FTP access to your server and you are comfortable with using an FTP program like Cyberducks or Filezilla, you can follow the steps below to install with FTP.
- Log into your account on wpcharitable.com and download the extension you want to install.
- Unzip the file to reveal the folder inside.
- Using your FTP program, upload this folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress website.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.