PayFast is a South African payment gateway that allows organizations to accept donations in South African Rand (ZAR).
PayFast is available as a paid extension for Charitable. If you have not purchased it yet, click here to see pricing options.
Once you have purchased the plugin, installing Charitable PayFast is the same as installing any other Charitable extension. If you’re not sure how to do that, we recommend first reading our guide to installing Charitable extensions.
Setting it up
After you have installed and activated PayFast, there are just a few things left to do to get started. We assume that you have already created a merchant account with PayFast.
- Go to Charitable > Settings.
- Click on the Payment Gateways tab.
- You will see PayFast listed as one of the gateway options. Click Enable Gateway to activate it.
- After the page reloads, you will see a new button called Gateway Settings. Click this.
- On the following page, you can add your Merchant ID, Merchant Key and Salt, as well as setting the gateway label (this is what donors will see when choosing their payment method). You can find these settings in your PayFast settings area. If you are using test mode, you need to use the details from https://sandbox.payfast.co.za/, not your active PayFast account.
- When you have finished adding your settings, click Save Changes.