Mollie is a popular European payment processor offering leading local payment methods, including Apple Pay, credit card, PayPal, iDEAL, Sofort, SEPA, Bancontact, Cartes Bancaires, EPS, PostePay and more.
How to install and activate the Mollie plugin
Charitable Mollie is a plugin and can be installed the same way as any other Charitable extension. Here’s a quick how-to:
- Download your extension from your account page or your purchase receipt email.
- Go to Plugins > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the page.
- Select the zip file you downloaded in step 1 and click Install Now.
- Activate your plugin!
Activate the gateway
After you have installed and activated the Charitable Mollie plugin, you need to activate it as a payment gateway. If you are on the Plugins page, you can do this directly from there by clicking on the “Activate Mollie gateway” link:
Alternatively, you can activate the gateway through the Payment Gateways settings page:
- Go to Charitable > Settings > Payment Gateways
- Click on Enable Gateway in the Mollie block.
To take payments with Mollie, you will need to configure Charitable with your Mollie API keys.
- Go to Charitable > Settings > Payment Gateways.
- Click on Gateway Settings.
Setting up your API keys
Charitable only requires your Mollie API keys to start accepting payments through Mollie.
To find your API keys:
- Log into your Mollie dashboard.
- In the menu on the left, go to Developers > API Keys.
- Copy and paste your Live API key and Test API key from Mollie into your Charitable settings.
- Save your Charitable settings.
Using Mollie in Test Mode
To test out how Mollie works, we recommend testing a few payments with Test Mode turned on:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Charitable > Settings > Payment Gateways and check the “Turn on Test Mode” setting. Save your changes.
- Create a new donation via your website, using Mollie as the payment gateway.
- After completing your “payment”, you will be returned to your website. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Charitable > Donations and check that your donation is there and has been marked as Paid. This may take a little while, but the donation should be marked as Paid in less than a few minutes.
- Finally, you can check the transaction record for your test payment in the Mollie dashboard by going to the Transactions page. You will need to toggle on Test Mode in the top right corner.