tldr; The minimum & suggested prices for our PWYW packages will be bumped up on Monday, March 6.
It’s been nearly a year since we first launched Pay What You Want pricing for our Pro and Plus packages. That year has seen a lot of growth for Charitable, and we have enjoyed supporting organizations of all shapes and sizes with their online fundraising.
We also added a number of new extensions since then, including:
Later this week, we’re releasing another extension, Newsletter Connect, which will allow you to automatically have your donors added to your MailChimp or MailPoet mailing list. It will be included in both the Plus and Pro packages.
All up, we’ve added significant value to both packages: Charitable Plus includes $391 worth of extensions, while Charitable Pro bundles $806.
How much does a package cost right now?
Charitable Pro and Plus are Pay What You Want products, so pricing is a fluid thing. But they do have minimum and suggested prices:
- Charitable Pro has a minimum price of $194 and a suggested price of $249.
- Charitable Plus has a minimum price of $74 and a suggested price of $99.
How much will a package cost after March 6?
Again, since Charitable Plus and Pro are Pay What You Want products, the price you pay is up to you. But we are updating the minimum price and suggested price of both:
- As of March 6, Charitable Pro’s minimum price will be $249. The suggested price will be $299.
- As of March 6, Charitable Plus’ minimum price will be $99. The suggested price will be $139.
What about license renewals?
As always, every purchase on Charitable is for a one year license that includes access to support and ongoing updates. The renewal rates for Plus and Pro are both increasing on March 6:
- Renewals for Charitable Pro are currently $97 per year. As of March 6, this will increase to $124.
- Renewals for Charitable Plus are currently $37 per year. As of March 6, this will increase to $49.
The renewal price is based on the current price of the product, so if you renew either package after March 6, you will be charged the new prices. In other words, now’s a good time to renew your licenses, too.
What’s the deal with Pay What You Want pricing anyway?
Pay What You Want pricing is a bit of an unusual business model. We decided to adopt PWYW prices for the packages because it allowed us to dramatically lower the barrier to entry, making our premium features accessible to non-profits with tight budgets.
On the flipside, it means that organizations who can afford more can give a little extra — which many do. We’re always humbled when someone chooses to support us in that way!
Purchase a package